Sunday, 21 March 2010

What do you want from me?

I missed the sun this weekend.

As usual, I procrastinated when the sun was up and bright -- had to iron and mop -- then, the clouds really came. I had a quick couple of laps in the pool before the rain came and reminded me to meet Jessica and the rest.

It has been a long time since I was out on a Sunday night, and things feel weird. The lack of crowds (I later realised it could be due to the Thong Chai charity show) and cool silence of the night bring me back to the days when Sunday nights were a long walk into camp and a time of quiet contemplation of the training ahead.

It makes me want to run. To run far, far away until my legs defy me and I lie on the cold hard floor. [1]

Perhaps it's time for me to look positively to what's coming. After all, I have once told myself that nothing can be worse than being in there.

For now, I should end this post with what's stuck in my head and sleep. Looks like I won't be able to wake up earlier tomorrow.
Extract from Adam Lambert - Whataya Want from Me

Just don't give up
I'm workin' it out
Please don't give in
I won't let you down

[1] Sounds perfect for a sleepless night, on lit paths. Something that I haven't tried, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment